"Dead Server": A short article on the revival of Cr

3 replies
Gems:
+54
Diamonds:
+70
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Messaging "Raindrop" on the CR discord would make a bot reply you with "Did you mean: Dead server". For those uninformed, raindrop had been seen by many of the CR playerbase as the server that never made it.

But look at how it is now.

Raindrop is now the only server online in CR. In an interesting turn of events, the CR staff team had decided to take the server off the "Cracked Servers" list. The number of servers was reduced to ease the ever-shrinking budget. What we had originally thought as the "dead server" turned out to be the only salvation left for CR.

And what a salvation it was, much to the joy of many long-standing CR veterans. Old-timers with experience on this server of upwards of 6 years, came back to Minecraft, let alone CR, just to call home to the server that means so much to us. Our long-awaited opportunity for rebirth has come.

This is not to say all things are smooth sailing. Many challenges remain to ensure the success of CR's comeback. Be it funding, community, or other issues, the same problems that have plagued the server for years remain for us to surmount. However, the only difference this time, is that this is possibly the last, and best chance for CR to redeem herself.

Staff and players alike, on all fronts, are working hard to return us to the glory days. Behind the scenes, staff had been hard at work setting up the new server format on CR. Dedicated players were chipping in to grant many of us a premium Minecraft account. To all who have contributed to, cared for, believed in CR, I would like to give a big thank you for keeping the dream alive. We have much more to reach for if we continue working hard to push our dedication into action.

I hope that CR will continue to progress as a server. As Raindrop currently remains as our only way out, I hope that raindrop will no longer be a "dead server", because if that happens, CR alike will also come back from the dead.
Posted Nov 3, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 3, 18
List
Undo
Diamonds:
+289
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Craftrealms can move on and can come back. Direction for where the staff wants to take everything has to be decided upon.

The server as a whole used to focus on being cracked and working with the Spanish portion of the community. It was a smart move that kept the server going for a while but was detrimental to longtime players who felt placated by the new players. Having a language barrier impacted the ability for players to be able to form bonds with each other, which was ultimately detrimental to community building, a strong cultural pillar that I believe Craftrealms likes to pride itself on.

As now a premium server, which is a good evolution for a network that is almost a decade old because many of its original players now have the ability to buy themselves premium accounts. Craftrealms has to decide what direction that it wants to take itself in. One thing I can definitely recommend is not trying to reclaim former members by rebuilding the past. It's been a few years since I've actively played Minecraft, I'm sure for many of the other veterans it's the same. Instead what Craftrealms needs to focus on is its future.

Reach out to new people, touch new hearts, build a new community to rival the one of old. Minecraft is still very popular and still, hundreds of thousands play it. I'm sure that Craftrealms can carve a new niche for itself, we've done it several times in the past. Let's not focus on what was and what could be. That's all I wanted to write.

Good luck Pr0Acid and the Staff Team of Craftrealms. I wish you all the best of luck in whatever direction you set the server.
enjin-189552-13363509941860446708-green.png
Posted Nov 24, 18
List
Undo
Gems:
+57
Diamonds:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
This thread has broke my heart but made my day too, so many great memories and so many hours spent with great people in this community. This is a part of my childhood and many other peoples and i hope it will always stand on its feet. Also to all the staff and players i was a dickhead to hahahah honestly you have my aplogies. I hope all the staff and my old friends are doing great !! will start playing in the summer with yous after i finish my exams haha.
Posted Feb 13, 19
Gems:
+57
Diamonds:
+66
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Couldn't have said it better Matthew !! I hope your doing well brother. ** also sorry for double posting staff ler me off tis time <3 **
Posted Feb 13, 19 · Last edited Feb 13, 19
Announcements
owo, Cosmetics, owo [link]
I'm looking for people to give ideas on what can be added/changed/improved on the server! [link]
The forums page has undergone a revamp - from now you cannot access any old posts from the old forums page. Post counts/like level counts will remain the same.
You do not have access to shout.
Latest Threads
Upcoming Birthdays!
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Wed 27 Mar, 2019